Our Lady Star of the Sea
The church was built in 1959 on a new site. Before that, Catholics in Salcombe worshipped in a private house. A very modest building in a minimal Romanesque style, with facings of red brick laid in stretcher bond and roof coverings of steel. The main church is rectangular on plan and consists of an aisleless nave with a narrower eastern projection containing the sanctuary with a sacristy behind. The west front is of three bays with a slightly projecting centre rising above roof level which has a concrete canopied door with an oculus above. The side bays have a single round-headed window. The nave side walls are of four bays divided by brick piers with a rectangular metal-framed window in each bay. The eastern projection is of two bays, with a large segment headed window lighting the sanctuary.
The interior has a carpet-covered floor, plain plastered walls above a bare brick dado and a canted boarded ceiling. A broad round brick arch opens to the short square-ended sanctuary. The nave windows are clear glazed. The sanctuary has some good figurative stained glass of the 1980s and the west windows also have stained glass. The plain timber benches in the nave and the simple timber altar are probably original.